TERMS & CONDITIONS OF OCCUPANCY
The premises are let for holiday purposes only, for the period agreed upon with the owners/managers.
- Payment: A deposit of 50% (non refundable) is required to secure the booking with balance paid in full at least 14 days prior to occupancy. A booking is not confirmed until Deposit in full is received.
- Acceptance of Terms & Conditions: Payment of Deposit constitutes the client’s acceptance of these Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation Policy: If full payment has not been received 14 days prior to occupancy, the owner has the right to cancel the booking and attempt to re-let. Cancellation by the client will attract the following charges:More than 2 months’ notice – refund less administration fee 15% of rental amount.
1 to 2 months’ notice – 50% of rental amount.
Less than 1 months notice – 80% of rental amount.
If property can be re-let for the entire period a full refund less a 15% administration fee will apply.
- Travel Insurance is recommended.
- Owners Booking Alteration: The owners will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked, however the owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances.
- No subletting or licensing.
- Number of Guests: The number of guests is restricted to the number agreed upon with the owners/managers. Overcrowding is not permitted and our Managers are authorized to enter the property to check numbers. They will request excess numbers to leave. Failure to comply will result in immediate termination of tenancy with no refund.
- Noise: No parties allowed. Please do not cause any nuisance, noise or disturbance which may interfere with the enjoyment of persons in neighbouring premises.
- Linen: You are required to bring your own linen: sheets, pillowcases and towels and these must be used on beds used by tenant/s. Sleeping bags and swags not permitted. Managers are authorized to enter the property to check that all occupants are using linen. If Managers find that tenants do not have or are not using linen they will be offered the opportunity to hire linen from the Fraser Island Retreat or to leave with no refund of rent.
- Check-out time: 9.00am, on day of departure, unless prior arrangements have been made. Please leave the premises in a clean and tidy condition, as found upon arrival. Unless otherwise advised, please leave fridges and freezers on, turn off lights and fans and close and lock doors and windows. Return Keys to the shop at the Fraser Island Retreat.
- Damages: Damage, breakages, and losses to/of the building, its furniture, fittings and contents, are the responsibility of the tenant during occupancy. Please report any losses, damage or breakages
- Responsible Person. Person making the booking is the “Responsible Person” who will take full responsibility for behavior and actions of all guests & look after our property including cleaning on departure. They will be responsible for providing a “security bond”.
- Insurance: Tenants are responsible for insuring their own property. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for the property of tenants or guests on or near the premises.
- Rubbish: As there is no garbage service to houses on Fraser Island please dispose of your household rubbish regularly, and upon departure. There is a rubbish transfer station on the outskirts of Happy Valley on the Moon Point Road heading west (opposite the Rotary Shelter Shed).
- Fish Cleaning: There is a fish cleaning facility located between Noller & Parker and one at Beachbreak for use by our guests only. Please keep it clean. (Note: Our Manager is authorised to close it if it is not kept clean.)
- Used Cooking Oil & Fat: Please dispose of cooking oil/fat into the containers that you bought them in and dispose of responsibly. Do not empty down sink.
- Fuel Storage: No fuel is to be stored in or around the premises.
- PLEASE NOTE: FRASER ISLAND IS A REMOTE DESTINATION. THERE IS NO EASY ACCESS TO TRADESMEN SUCH AS PLUMBERS AND ELECTRICIANS, AND WHILE WE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO PROVIDE TROUBLE-FREE SERVICES, UNINTERRUPTED SUPPLY OF POWER/WATER/DRAINAGE UTILITIES IS NOT GUARANTEED. TO OPTIMISE THE SERVICES PROVIDED, PLEASE TAKE PARTICULAR NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
- USE ONLY THE APPLIANCES PROVIDED: The house runs a solar/battery system with a diesel back up generator, and we have carefully selected our appliances to suit our system. Use of your own appliances, especially electric frypans, hairdryers, toasters and portable fridges is not allowed, and if used, may overload the system & cause the supply to fail, which you would find very inconvenient, and you may incur a charge for resetting of the system. Prior approval from the owners or managers is required for any additional plug-in appliances.
- WASHING MACHINE & VACUUM CLEANER: These are supplied and as they draw a large electric current they are best used in mornings on sunny days to allow time for batteries to recharge.
- Lights and Fans: These should be turned off if not needed to conserve the battery power.
- Toilet System: The toilet system is septic. Please do not flush nappies, personal hygiene items or any other unsuitable items down the toilets. Failure to comply with this condition could cause a blockage in the drains, which you would find very inconvenient, as well as being very unpleasant.